Sunday, June 2, 2013

4 th grade and already grown out of cute lunches .

My daughter is in 4 th grade and I started making her bento lunches this year . In the beginning of the school year her lunches were so cool and all the kids loved seeing what she had to eat . All of a sudden the kids started telling her her lunches were for babies , this made me so sad because I love making her lunch and she did not want me to anymore . I hate the idea of her eating school lunch and having to wait on the long lines to get her food , so we compromised . We got a more sophisticated box , a Monbento one to be exact and now she lets me pack her lunch again . Today I packed her a whole wheat pita pocket with ham and cheese , along with grapes , strawberries apple slices and some Aunt Annie's chocolate chip bunny cookies . I feel so much better knowing she does not have to wait in line and she is getting some healthy stuff in her lunch , see at school they give them fruits and veggies but if she does not like what they offer she won't eat anything . There are a lot of pros to packing lunch and one of them is seeing what comes home so you know what they are actually eating and most of the time she eats everything . I am a mother of 2 and I know time is always an issue but lunches like this one only take about 5 to 10 minuets tops. I usually do a Sunday shopping and precut the fruits and veggies so u just have to add them as needed . If you still can't find time in the morning you can't try packing the night before just add your dry goods in the morning .

No comments:

Post a Comment