Saturday, June 1, 2013

Absent blogger lately .

Hi Fellow lunch makers  ,
            I have been absent from my blog for a while but i just got my new yumbox and you can expect some new posts this week. For starters I have to say my 5 year old loves this box and wants to use it everyday . So  this week we are gonna review it and do some pros and cons . I just want to let everyone know yumbox has very good customer service and replaced my defective box with in a few days including arrival of my new one. A company who takes pride in there product is an  A+ for me . Please tune in this week my blog will be up and running with lots of new posts . Thanks for all the views . Happy lunch everyone.

2 comments:

  1. I'm trying to decide on a lunchbox for my K and 2nd graders for fall. We've done laptop lunches, but I'd love to get a all in one. I've narrowed it down to yumbox and planetbox....so i'm wondering, which is your favorite and why? My main cnocern is enough food for the 2nd grader as laptop looks like it could be a bit small? Do your kids (or you) have a preference? Is one more leakproof than the other? If cost wasn't an issue which would you pick?
    Thanks!
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brooke ,
      I have to say I am very fond of both the planet box and yumbox .
      Here are the pros of the yumbo
      It's for the most part leak proof , it is portion controlled , the tray is removable and they get the right amount of everything they need for a healthy meal . The price is right as well .

      Cons: I find that it does not hold enough food
      For older children , you can not put a full sandwich in it (depending on the child this could be an issue ) and you have to buy a lunch bag to transport it to and from school .
      I favor this box for my soon to be kindergartner .

      Planet box pros :
      I like that this is an all in one box and comes with 2 side dippers . I also love that it comes with the bag and the magnets can be changed for each personality . Using silicone backing cups help with fruit leakage , this box is not leak proff and hold a nice amount of food . This would be ideal for your 2nd grader .

      Cons : It is costly but will last long . It can be bulky and depending on the size of the back pack it may or may not fit . It's not leak proof , and the bag is hand wash only .

      I would recommend buying 2 planet boxes even though I love the yumbox because it will last longer and will grow with both kiddies . As for my girls my 5 year old prefers the yumbox because its cute compact and she loves to open and close it like a computer . My 10 year old loves the planet box but does complaine that it does not always fit in her back pack if her school book load it heavy . I hope that helped .

      Delete